Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Abby is today's winner!!!!!!

I have a favorite child...there I said it! This is my wonderful first born child!


She slept through the night immediately! Yes, I know that I was spoiled. Most babies don’t sleep from 10:00-7:30!!! But Abby was and continues to be a stellar sleeper! Now mind you I realize that this phase of life is temporary and that “this too shall pass” But I’d advise you to steer clear of reminding me of such things in person these days! That sounds harsh...what I am trying to say is that I have run out of the fumes I was running on. My second child (adorable though he may be!!!!) has decided that he’d like to be awake multiple times a night....and some times for an extra special bonus he’ll stay awake for an hour or so around 3:00 a.m....for the record he does have some pretty bad gas...but DAYS of gas! It is time for me to cash in on my husband’s promised spa day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and by the way this post is subject to change by the end of the day...you never know what Abby's gonna do next...little miss 3.5 going on 13!
Here's a memory of a sleeping Aaron!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Sooo sorry sleepless friend... I do think girls win out in the younger years of life, but when the teenage persona comes out at 4, 6, 7.... then boys take over the role of favorite child! I mean... I'm not saying ANYTHING about my current 9-going-on-15 yr. old girl and 6 yr. old adorable, sweet, cuddly boy. ;)

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, Gwen tricked us into thinking she was a stellar sleeping baby.....She gave us all those wonderful nights of full-sleep early on, only to cruelly yank them away this past month. There is some weird conspiracy of sleep-stealing going on with babies lately.....No of them think they need rest! Is it the cold? Is it the moon? The tides? I don't know, but I'm feeling pretty grumpy myself lately! I'll pray for yours if you pray for mine:)

Kjaere said...

maybe it's the red hair keeping him awake ;-)

Andy White said...

I'll make Aaron my favorite for today so we keep things even. Hang in there! You are a great Mommy!!

Anonymous said...

I would offer to take the little guy for a week or two, but I'm guessing even in your zombie state, you could not let go of this little cutie!! love, gramma rachel

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful thrill to have the great big smile from such a beautiful little boy. He smiled and he laughed at me(I understand the laugh he probably will be laughing the rest of his life just seeing my face). I mean that he laughed out loud. So much better than for "crying out loud". Love the wonderful wonderful grandchildren. Thank you Lord for all of them and any that are to come. Love Gramma Shudu

Anonymous said...

What a cutie he is. You and your family are very blessed.

Take care
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Well if it's any consolation, I was thrilled that at least he was awake when I got to see him last. He has a personality already, but after all what would you expect...look at the parents. Love GShudu