Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day of School! First Day of School!

ABBY IS IN KINDERGARTEN!

For the last week Abby has been bravely holding back tears about her anxieties and worries about starting Kindergarten. Aaron helped pray for her last night...it must have worked! She was ALL smiles and ENTHUSIASM today. And surprisingly so was I! I thought I'd be a shambles...but seeing her so excited and KNOWING the teachers so well made me completely at peace! What a blessing! So here's a few of the events in picture form...I'm CERTAIN Andy will have a post of his own so fear not...there's lots to go around.

Thumbs up is the theme~

Last minute alterations...oops should probably have figured that out sooner than moments before we had to leave! She was cute and rolled with it!
Every time she posed for a picture she stuck her thumbs up...so cute...I fully expected tears this morning...instead I got this sweet response! She's ready!
Oh and as an added bonus we got to see Daddy just before school started! Daddy likes knowing he gets to peak in on her from time to time! Oh and now we know where she gets the thumbs up from!
Some of the girls hanging out in line before the doors opened!

Big girl at her desk! Just about the only shy moment of the day...it wore off quickly! As soon as she saw that Mrs. Moore was free she went over to greet her...I could barely make it through the sea of proud parents to snap this pic.
These next two I'll call "Pencil Pride." She was so proud of her pink pencil grip and quickly noted that all the girls had pink and the boys had blue!

It's hard to believe...but it's true~ She's officially the cutest kindergarten student I could ever imagine!





10 comments:

MLK1973 said...

That little uniform is to die for! How exciting!

Kjaere said...

oh my goodness... that is too much cuteness to handle!

Anonymous said...

SO cute! I'm so sad that I'm not there this year to see her everyday. But, I'm so glad that Andy gets to see her!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Dear dear sweet Abby, you have grown into such a beautiful child and its so hard for GrandmaShudu to believe that you are a kindergartner already. You look so darling in your little uniform. You look so grown up. When I see you again, I will give you the biggest hug and kiss in the world. I love you. Gma

h west said...

peek. too cute. the first one is my favorite.

Mary Beth said...

wow, I think I am on cute overload! I am so proud of Abby! Gabriel moved into the 2 year old pre school room today! He was also excited and was totally fine with me leaving!

Andy White said...

I'm bursting! Way to go sweet Abby!!

Michelle said...

So cute. I can't believe your little girl is going to Kindergarten and how special that you got to take her and experience those moments with her. Abby looks adorable.

Angela White said...

a special thank you to Heather for correcting my spelling mistake...it's okay she doesn't know I had a concussion recently...I'll forgive her ;)

h west said...

Oooooo. . .love the new blog design. If I could only convince you to post more often. . .