Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Proud Sister


The Proud Sister
Originally uploaded by ange7.
Well we shared the big news with Abby yesterday! She is going to be a sister! It went exceptionally well. She had the reactions I expected of excitement and curiosity. Her enthusiasm was absolutely adorable, but her tenderness was a sweet surprise. She hugged and kissed the baby via my belly. CLICK HERE to see the video of how we told her.(THIS WILL TAKE A WHILE TO LOAD)

I am sure there will be many days filled with questions and anticipation. At the moment, if Abby could, she would MAKE this baby a girl. For that reason we are going to find out what we are having this time so we can prepare her for being the best sister to whatever comes our way.
It will be another 2 months before we know if it is a boy or a girl.

So here's the scoop... I am 12 weeks pregnant right now. Yesterday I had my second doctor's appointment and got to see the baby on the ultrasound. At first he tried to hear the heartbeat with the doppler, but it didn't work (giving me a brief anxiety attack). Then he quickly wheeled in the ultrasound, and I was relieved and excited to see our new baby sucking his/her thumb!

This has been a rough 12 weeks filled with constant nausea and major fatigue, but I can slowly feel things turning a corner. The biggest thing I feel right now is JOY and RELIEF!

4 comments:

MLK1973 said...

Yay!! I'm glad the kitten's out of the bag. Can't wait to meet this new little Whitey! Love, Martha

Andy White said...

great video..and great job enduring 12 weeks of yucky tummy. you're a great mommy! :)

Anonymous said...

The more the merrier!!! This gramma job just gets more and more fun!!

Grahama said...

Too much fun! Congrats!