Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Abby's "FIRST"day at Preschool


What a fun day! Abby started preschool today. She is VERY familiar with the environment having spent so much time "dropping in" last year while I played music for chapel...but now it is HER school! She was very excited and bounded right into the room. She tolerated me making her take pictures with her teachers....who by the way are FABULOUS!

Before my elementary teaching days I used to be an assitant to Cathy...who is phenomenal with these kids!

I also got to know Zoe last year during Abby's drop in days, and she is a natural with this age group as well. I really like her!

As an added bonus...one of the assitant teachers in the preschool is KJ! Our babysitter from the last two years! Abby was very excited to see her this morning.
Once I was finished torturing my child with photos, she got straight to the business of playing...First stop was to find the "beautiful dress" in the dress-up corner. I have a feeling this will be her first stop DAILY...does this surprise anyone? Yeah me either!

So I have to brag for one moment (because you have to take these when you can get them...) During her first social playing moment I was snapping pictures, and I actually heard her say, "Sure! You can have some...here you go!" This picture proves it...and if you still don't believe me you can ask Miss Zoe. She and I were both feeling proud for Abby's first act of sharing in preschool!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I've been trying to comment a million times here... I sure hope they don't all try pop up eventually!
I've been trying to make some witty comment about how Abby didn't want to put the "beautiful dress" away... but now I'll at least be happy if I make a successful post :-)
... and then here I still am with blogger telling me I have no account so I will pretend to be Anonymous although this is really KJ

www.kjaere-kj.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

She is certainly in her element! She will have to take over Elie's role as the queen bee of the school. Abby is an adorable, big Room 1 girl!

Andy White said...

I'm teary eyed....she is my pride and joy. Thanks for the quick update Mommy. It was great to see the pictures before I even dismissed my class for their first day of school.

chris said...

Woohoo!
I went to High School with Cathy Rempe's daughter, Stephanie.

h west said...

Oh my lands! Is she YOUR daughter or what? Sorry, Andy. Especially in the photo with Cathy. Man! She's your short twin. So what's up with the diabetic? Are you eating your veggies? You're obviously not eating lollies. How was the endo?

Anonymous said...

ohmygoodness..time is really going by too fast!! She has just jumped by leaps and bounds this summer so I must say I am not surprised that our sweet Abby is just lovin' the preschool scene. You go GIRL!!!
Love, Gramma Rachel

Anonymous said...

Abby couldn't miss being #1. With wonderful parents and grandparents, it's definitely in her genes, but most of all, in her environment. You are all doing such a spectacular job with her. I still can't get over her ability to say each letter and sound it out. The Cathy with a "C" or a "K" is absolutely amazing. Love Grandma Shudu

Anonymous said...

hi
i've lost everything...including your e-mail. can you please e-mail me your home address??
thanks
susan
sbecchio@cox.net