Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I suppose today could have been worse...

Well, this morning started off great with a really fun music class (that is once my daughter got over her tears from being disappointed that she couldn't sit in my lap...doesn't she realize I have NO LAP!!!) I got sneaky and decided to drop in early for my OB appointment with a new doctor (my plan involves meeting all the doctors who could be on duty in the hospital when I deliver). Dr. Barnes was able to fit me in even though my appointment wasn't supposed to be until later...She was great...I told her about some weird pain I have been having in my legs...inner thighs down to the ankles...not your typical muscle pain. She said, "I don't like the way that sounds..." and "scheduled" me for an ultra sound with the vascular radiologist to look for clots.

The radiologist was able to fit me in at 1:30 this afternoon. That gave me enough time to rush back with a lunch for Abby at preschool...where she would spend a spontaneously long day. Everyone tells me she did great. After that I had a bit of time to grab lunch and head to the Biltmore wall for a little "get with God" time. Dawn swore me off of doing any internet research to self-diagnose and worry...solace with God was a much better plan.
Back at the Sansum Clinic (I should point out that it was clearly one of those "God Things" that my appointment was at this Main Clinic in the first place...the other OB office is a block away...but worlds away in terms of phone calls and fighting the system that would have had to take place if I was being seen there...instead the nurse walked five doors down...chatted with the radiologist and had an impromptu appointment in seconds!!!) The radiologist was VERY thorough (she spent about 3-5 minutes behind each knee...the main one being..."You will tell me if you see something suspicious right????" She assured me that she would....BUT fortunately she didn't have to...I AM CLOT free...and blood is flowing like a charm! Praise God from whom all blessings flow...are you singing with me???

MEANWHILE IN OTHER NEWS!!!

Baby Boy White is stubbornly in breech position...he should be heading downward by now...Dr. Barnes did a quick ultra sound to confirm what I could have already told her... I have been saying this boy thinks he will be exiting via my rib cage!!! This could still change...so pray that he will!!! If he doesn't I'll for sure opt for a C-Section...Lord knows my pelvis doesn't need any more trauma!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

The Lord is good and does answer prayer! We prayed your placenta up so now we'll pray that boy down!

Love you!

Andy White said...

down boy!

Anonymous said...

It's about time the little guy is doing what he's supposed to do. Get ready little one, there's a lot more room out here than in there, especially with such a little Mama carrying you, the great big boy around. Love hugs and kisses (when you get here of course) Love Grandma Shudu